• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to stay in Norfolk (1 Viewer)

teamsaint

Hi all,
My family and I are going to Norfolk for 3 nights in October half-term this year. I've sorted out where we are going mostly but some recommendations on where to stay would be useful. As most of our sites eg. Titchwell, Cley etc. are on the north coast we would need to stay there. Also we would like to stay somewhere by the sea, that is birdwatcher friendly and is a reasonable price.
Regards,
Tom

Ive just returned from a two night trip to Norfolk and I stayed in Premier Travel Inns. Not particularly picturesque but fairly cheap and there is all the basics.

More meat on the bones required:-
a. B&B ? b. Self catering cottage? c. Caravan ? d Hotel ? Budget ?

There are loads of above in North Norfolk - some very modest, others ridiculously expensive.

For the Brancaster area between Twitchwell and Cley try the Tourist info. centre

Norwich ... somewhere like a Travel Inn

Postwick or Thickthorn are close to main roads, and not too long a drive (i assume you're driving) or Postwick isn't far from the train station if you are not

PYRTLE said:
More meat on the bones required:-
a. B&B ? b. Self catering cottage? c. Caravan ? d Hotel ? Budget ?

There are loads of above in North Norfolk - some very modest, others ridiculously expensive.

For the Brancaster area between Twitchwell and Cley try the Tourist info. centre

A cottage would be lovely although a hotel would probably be the easiest option.

We usually stay in Wells-next-the-Sea in a B&B/Guest House but there are lots of cottages/houses to rent on a SC basis too. We find we can get east or west or inland very easily from Wells.

Sandra

Sandra (Taylor) said:
We usually stay in Wells-next-the-Sea in a B&B/Guest House but there are lots of cottages/houses to rent on a SC basis too. We find we can get east or west or inland very easily from Wells.

Sandra
Wells next-to-the sea for me. Been there 3 times now, and its well placed for all the good birdy places, plus you can easily walk to wells wood or view the marshes.
B & B's there have never disappointed yet and will be there this October for 3 nights stay during half term week.

and the Travel Inn or whatever its called at Norwich airport is right on the Cromer Rd (which goes to Cromer, oddly enough ;) , and the north coast)

teamsaint said:
Hi all,
My family and I are going to Norfolk for 3 nights in October half-term this year. I've sorted out where we are going mostly but some recommendations on where to stay would be useful. As most of our sites eg. Titchwell, Cley etc. are on the north coast we would need to stay there. Also we would like to stay somewhere by the sea, that is birdwatcher friendly and is a reasonable price.
Regards,

Tom
In my opinion this is my absolute favourite place to stay

http://www.cottageguide.co.uk/halfwayhouse/

I have stayed here twice, and am going to be there again for christmas this year. You will even see plenty of birds from the window. It's brillaint. There's also a horses paddock right next door, and they are very friendly. There's parking for three cars, and for about £500 per week it's awesome.

Please feel free to mention my name to Kirsty when you call

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back