• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best deal on Nikon CP45OO (1 Viewer)

Phil Todd

Birder and marillion fan
I've decide to try and join the 21st century and go digital and not wanting to be too adventurous am planning on getting the above camera.
Warehouse Express have a "megabundle" of the normal CP4500 bundle plus extra 64mb memory card and extra battery for £465 with a 10% deposit and 9 months interest free option which sounds good.
Any other good deals about?

Hi Phil

I've just bought the CP4500 together with an extra battery and 64Mb card from CPW who have stores in Colchester and Norwich.

I personally didn't consider Warehouse Express as I would rather have a shop that I could go back to in person should there be a problem. CPW didn't offer the interest free option, but then again I didn't ask.

Another thought, Jessops claim to match any price, so you could try them if you have a local store.

I haven't seen a better price than yours.

Dave

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention price from CPW - £469.01

Last edited:
Dave Smith said:
Hi Phil
I personally didn't consider Warehouse Express as I would rather have a shop that I could go back to in person should there be a problem. CPW didn't offer the interest free option, but then again I didn't ask.
Dave

Good for you, Dave. I have nightmares about a society where all purchases are made from faceless factory units... or from chain stores where no informed advice is available (which includes, it seems to me, most Jessops stores).

I saw that £428 price on kelkoo a couple of weeks ago Stevo.
I think I may have to go for the Warehouse Express bundle esp as the interest free option's very handy for me at this time.

Last edited:
Andy Bright said:
Good for you, Dave. I have nightmares about a society where all purchases are made from faceless factory units... or from chain stores where no informed advice is available (which includes, it seems to me, most Jessops stores).

Yer not wrong about the lack of informed advice available at Jessops, they have been pretty useless to deal with in my limited experience. I guess the old saying about paying peanuts and getting monkeys holds true!

I personally wouldn't use warehouse express again. I just recieved completion of an order I placed 2 months ago!
They also verbally assured me a certain printer was in stock, took the money then promptly put me on 'back order'.

Jessops will price match Internet prices. I saved £130 on my Canon G3 - matching it with the Amazon price.

I have heard that they sometimes do throw in some extras as well, so it's got to be worth a try.

As for giving good advice - well, no they probably do not do that. I knew what I was going for so did not have to test that theory, but judging by the look of the staff at the branch I went to, I suspect that they wouldn't know an f-stop if it hit them in the face.

Just to say have used Warehouse Express twice recently for fairly major purchases and found them both helpful and reasonably knowledgeable, both purchases received next day. I understand people have different experiences but feel that good service should be recognised.

Andy Bright said:

Not to mention WE's origins ?

:cool:

I actually got the Nikon cp4500 bundle mentioned at the start of this thread, but I got it from Jessops at Warehouse Express price. So, yes they definitely will match an internet price. They did expect to see a description of the offer and the price quoted, and a contact number for the internet site.

They have an agreement with eagle eye I belive and its difficult for other retailers to get a hold of them.

Im sure the OFT would have something to say about such arrangements ;-)

Hi all

I finally got my CP4500 today, Jessops price matched an internet price,all I had to do was provide them with a printout of the cheaper price.All in all I saved £75.00.

Regards Stevo.

southwest optics is well worth looking at they have some great bundles on speical offer.........
regards
bill..............

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back