• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big lens, big muscles (1 Viewer)

I saw this posted on dpr yesterday... awesome. in it's favour, it makes the Canon 1200mm and Nikon 1200-1700mm lenses look highly portable. Just how do you deal with a 250kg lens?
Where's Mark? Sod that digital eyepiece, i want to try one of these... I'll buy the Blad ;)

Andy Bright said:
I saw this posted on dpr yesterday... awesome. in it's favour, it makes the Canon 1200mm and Nikon 1200-1700mm lenses look highly portable. Just how do you deal with a 250kg lens?

Don't worry Andy, just wait for the EL version next year. That will only be 200Kg :eek!:

I think I'd wear my arms out more carrying in the cash to pay for that lens than I would trying to handhold it while shooting... 3:)

-Ken

Gimme gimme gimme! Price only 1.5 million euros, made by Zeiss for an Arab sheik's son who wants to mount it in a special turret on his SUV to take photos of falcons. Wish my dad was rich!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back