• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scrim net: advice needed (1 Viewer)

gmax

Sontium Dweller
Hello everybody,
since I'm planning to do some birding/hiking in my surrounding area and I'd like to travel quite light (not using my dome-hide), I'm looking for a lightweight scrim net suitable to quickly cover me and my tripod/lens for low angle shots.
What kind of net/camouflage material do you suggest using? What size/length will be most fit?
Thank you for your advice
Max

gmax said:
Hello everybody,
since I'm planning to do some birding/hiking in my surrounding area and I'd like to travel quite light (not using my dome-hide), I'm looking for a lightweight scrim net suitable to quickly cover me and my tripod/lens for low angle shots.
What kind of net/camouflage material do you suggest using? What size/length will be most fit?
Thank you for your advice
Max
Hi there Max,
What you need is the type of net used by wildfowlers & pigeon shooters here in the Uk. You can get the traditional scrim type nets or the trendy realtree advantage type. Both are very good, but the realtree type is probably lighter.
If you buy a scrim net, go for the light coloured versions that blend in alot better than the ex-military "tank nets", which are very heavy & far too dark for most conditions. Do a Google for pigeon shooting hides & see what comes up.
Regards Rob. B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back