• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

canon ip6700D (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

Sorry yet another which printer should I get question. I'm looking to upgrade my present Canon i850. Has anyone any experience of this printer? It sounds good and is considerably cheaper than the epson r800.

Price and photo quality are my only considerations, I don't care how fast it is or how well it prints text.

Steve

Saphire said:
Steve, did you get the Canon ip6700d. If you did get one what you think of it.

Yes I did, impressed with it as a photoprinter, very good quality photos - although I can't compare it with its competitors - which is what I wanted it for. Not so good for general use, slow compared to the 850 for lower quality printouts, but I can live with that. Hard to say how much it is an improvement over the 850 as I switched to photopaper pro at the same time.

Steve

Thanks Steve for the reply, I took the plunge and bought one anyway it arrived yesterday, up to now I am very pleased with it.The only thing I am not sure about and that is if I use compatible ink which is more than likely. I will have to remove the small circuit off the originals to put on the new ones, I don't know how easy this is to do.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back