• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Grey seal pups (1 Viewer)

kas

Anyone seen many pups yet?
I think we may have a later season than further south.

Unfortunatley all the pups we know about have died, most we think down to human disturbance, as one of the most popular areas has been taken over by quad/bike owners at the weekends, as well as lots of dog walkers and families. Hopefully now the weather has turned worse, these people will stay away.

20 pups today, all healthy and active. :bounce:

Attachments

• adults.jpg
    adults.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 134
  • pup1.jpg
    pup1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 121
Sadly, there are so many people who completly destroy places like that...

Anyways, I hope you see some Seal pups.

Senceraly,
Brandon.

Is Donna Nook still a good place to see grey seals and pups? Any suggestion as to state of tide or alternative venues around Yorkshire/Lincolnshire?

gordon g said:
Is Donna Nook still a good place to see grey seals and pups? Any suggestion as to state of tide or alternative venues around Yorkshire/Lincolnshire?

Hi,
Yes still a good place. If you put Donna Nook into Google it will give you all the info i,e when the best time to see the young, car parking. Enjoy it.
Regards.
Stan.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back