• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The last step for leaving Windows (1 Viewer)

Martin_O

It's a wierd title. ;)
Nowadays i'm running Linux Ubuntu dapper, an excellent OS, but the only thing i did't get to work is, transfering recordings from my HiMD- recorder.
Is there some way to do this in Linux like the sonicstage-software?

Martin_O said:
It's a wierd title. ;)
Nowadays i'm running Linux Ubuntu dapper, an excellent OS, but the only thing i did't get to work is, transfering recordings from my HiMD- recorder.
Is there some way to do this in Linux like the sonicstage-software?

No. You are screwed by a different bunch of proprietary control freaks called Sony. Their proprietary MD format has never been cracked despite ten years of trying. If only budget CF recorders were any good for wildlife sound recording I'd be outta MD :(

Martin_O said:
It's a wierd title. ;)
Sorry Martin, I just couldn't resist...
Which is more important: to avoid Windows or to keep Linux ;) ? After years of wait Sony has finally brought the HiMD transfer for Mac OS X - which is also an excellent non-Windows OS... and on a new Intel-Mac you could have them all.

Ilkka

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back