• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trying to make a card for the Comp,Elements4.0 PLEASE HELP (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
Please,please can anyone enlighten me as to how to use Elements 4.0.I want to move a Robin from one image and put it onto another one.
I am using the technique as recommended ,ie the Magic extractor,Red for keeps,and blue for throwing away,but when it says go to Edit and copy,copy is not highlighted.It was for a couple of times last night(yes have spent 2 evenings ,4 hrs wasted) then found the other pic,did an edit,paste ,but nothing happens.Last night was able to bring up both pics side by side ,but not this evening.how does one make the selection with the first image which has the background removed?.Tried clicking with the "move tool" as was suggested in one book,but copy does not appear in the editing box.
Really fed up:h?:

Not familiar with the magic extractor but in general you'll need to make sure that the bit you want is 'selected' before you can copy it - anything with the 'marching ants' round it will be 'selected.' Ctrl+A will select everything, drawing round an object with one of the 'lasso' tools will select just that part of the image. It doesn't have to be too accurate a drawing so long as you've not chopped anything off - when you paste it into the new image you can zoom in and 'erase' a bit at a time on the copied layer until you're happy and only then 'merge' the two layers into one image

thanks,Adey,it took around 10 mins each time I re tried using the Magic selector just to isolate the image I wanted to use.

Have managed to make a little progress,practising with a Starling.The marching ants went around the Starling,but not around a Wagtail who had lots of colour in the background.The Starling was agains't a blue sky.But,the bird was as large as the image it was being move to,and was very contorted when trying to resize.But Thanks,Steve,the magic wand does seem easier and quicker than the extractor.Guess,I will have to practise .

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back