• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mourne Peregrine (1 Viewer)

Keith Glasgow

Just finished this one...
Oil 20" x 30".

thanks,
Zek.

Attachments

• _MG_1772.JPG
    _MG_1772.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 213
  • _MG_1776.JPG
    _MG_1776.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
It's fantastic

I really like how you've positioned the peregrine at the top of the frame.
You really do get an impression of space with this one.The fact that the falcon has more detail helps lift it forward from that mass of hazy mountain top.

This will look awesome in a suitable mount.

Matt

Last edited:
Wonderful

Fine painting - you can feel the lift and atmosphere, and you can feel the bird's (and painter's) confidence. - Bob

Pencil Peregrine

Here's a pencil one on A4 paper - it is from a photograph (shame upon me), but I couldn't resist all the markings on the feathers. The photographer is a chap named Greg Mikkelson (spelling?) from the USA (and he did give me permission to copy it ;)
thanks for looking,
Zek.

Attachments

• img015.jpg
    img015.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
I love the feeling of floating, I honestly felt week at the knees as though I'd toppled off the edge of the cliff! Great painting, very atmospheric and a great sense of composition and space.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back