• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advise on hard disk please? (1 Viewer)

Mijbil

I've been offered a second hand Western Digital WD1200BB (120 GB, 7200 rpm) for about € 90 (about £54). it's still under garantee so it sounds like a good deal but I have a suspicious mind.
Does anybody know if these disks have a particlur problem?
So far all I've heard is that Western Digital is rather noisy...

Hi Mijbil
I have a 80gb western digital as my main hard drive and yes it is sometimes a little clunky but has been in there for about 8 months with no probs.

A 120 gb at £54 sounds very good mine was about£90+.

Just make sure your system will take a big disk some wont.

Pete

Thanks!
I'm on a thight budget and was worried that I might be throwing money away, the guy who offered me the HD is ok but likes to haggle.
My system'll take it on; I've got a brandnew pc from my former employer by as compensation for loads of overtime, shortly after that they sacked me...
I'll never learn.
Anyway, thanks again!

Mijbil said:
Thanks!
I'm on a thight budget and was worried that I might be throwing money away, the guy who offered me the HD is ok but likes to haggle.
My system'll take it on; I've got a brandnew pc from my former employer by as compensation for loads of overtime, shortly after that they sacked me...
I'll never learn.
Anyway, thanks again!

Mijbil

Glad to help regards the above.

Learnt that one 30 years ago and it is a hard lesson to learn
My sympathies hope you found something else.

Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back