• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gloves (1 Viewer)

da2m

i have just recieved a new pair of gloves from Cley spy( great service) i wore them for the first time today, wow. made of neoprene, so very stretchy and warm, the thumb and fore finger split of so you can get to grips with bin, scope or anything while keeping you hands snugg and warm. they are only £15.99 + p&p. i think these gloves are great value and a must in the colder weather.

da2m said:
i have just recieved a new pair of gloves from Cley spy( great service) i wore them for the first time today, wow. made of neoprene, so very stretchy and warm, the thumb and fore finger split of so you can get to grips with bin, scope or anything while keeping you hands snugg and warm. they are only £15.99 + p&p. i think these gloves are great value and a must in the colder weather.

Interesting gloves, had a bit of a job finding them - here they are.

What seems my twentieth pair of gloves are Buffalo Mitts from GoOutDoors - I've started to have real trouble with painfull fingers when cold but wearing fingered gloves doesn't help a lot - I've found the mitts much better as they allow transfer of heat between fingers and better freedom to wriggle the fingers to maintain circulation.
For anyone buying Buffalo Mitts - the sizing is ridiculously small - Large fits my diminutive Lady neighbour, Xtra large fits my standard blokey hands.
This may have something to do with the fact that their 'sizes' are made so that each glove will fit inside another - two pairs are good for -40c.

i used to use thinsulate fingerless gloves, which i managed all last winter in, but i have lost them. so i thought is was about time for so nice ones.

Keith Reeder said:
If you're a fan of neoprene gloves (I'm not - they get far too sweaty)

Agreed Keith, I felt the same. Now I have found a good compromise: a pair of back flip mitts made by Kenai, with neoprene palm and windstopper fleece back, fold back thumb and velcro wrist strap ... great portability, very warm with close flip, effective and quick way to free your fingers when needed ... the best I've tried so far ;)

Attachments

• GG_959BK.jpg
    GG_959BK.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 184
canonshooter4life said:
look useful for photography too!

They are - I have a pair and find them very useful. It's good to have gloves on but still have your 'trigger' finger exposed. The neoprene is suprisingly warm and keeps my hands dry even in very wet conditions. Best of all they stop my hands freezing when carrying my tripod!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back