• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raw Shooter and Photoshop (1 Viewer)

andy70437

Hi,
Just recently got a 350D and although I have been using Photoshop for a year or so with a Panasonic Z27, I have no idea just how much to adjust with Raw Shooter converter before Photoshop ! Does one use both, one after the other, or satisified with Raw Shooter itself ? Or is it all in the eye of the beholder ?
Can someone put me in the right direction for advice here on Bird Forum or on the www ?
I have attached what I think is reasonable but what do you as my peers think ? I did do a tonne of "adjustments" to get this !
Thanks
Andy

Attachments

• sample 2.jpg
    sample 2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 166
  • sample 1.jpg
    sample 1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 180
Andy,

Which lens are you using with your 350D, what camera mode/settings did you have (were you shooting in RAW) and how far away were the birds?

Both shots (especially the single bird) look rather soft to me. I presume that these were hand-held shots?

Colin

hi.i never shoot in raw just jpeg large.the attached pic was taken on a 300d,ef 75-300,1.5x converter on sports mode (A1 servo).the only adjustments made were, clicked "sharpen" twice in the filters drop down menu in photoshop.reduced the filesize to 800 pixels and clicked "sharpen" again.

Attachments

• gull copy.jpg
    gull copy.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 154
I was using a Sigma 70-200, f5.6, hand held and range aprox 35m. Shot in raw mode. The lens I was told would not work with this camera, but set on aperture priority it does.

Hi andy

I use both, rawshooter to adjust white balance & compensation ect, Then photoshop for resizing & the final tweaks.

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back