• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

AT80HD with 20-60 Eyepiece (later one with locking feature), CP990 ... Which Adapter? (1 Viewer)

rka

ttbirds
Finally got my scope, Swaro AT80HD with the newer 20-60 eyepiece with the locking feature. By next week I should get my Coolpix 990.

Any advice on the best digiscoping adapter for the setup?

rka

Andy recommended the normal LCE Adapter for the Swaro AT80 with the older 20-60 eyepiece (i.e. without the locking feature).

Still hoping someone can recommend an adapter for my gear (i.e. with the newer 20-60 eyepiece).

I'm currently using a homemade guide that requires handholding the camera.

rka

I recommend the L.C.E. adapter for both versions of the 20-60x, my own one is the lockable version. U.K. cost is about £39.00 (very cheap compared to most designs), but not sure how much it will cost to get to T&T. You can phone the shop on 44 1962 866203 to order one.
Another option is the www.EagleEyeUK.com 'digimount'
Alternatively there are several more expensive types around the world (that allow e.p. zoom operation with camera mounted)... Spidertech from Finland or Mr Cheang's from Malaysia.
Regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back