• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue Tit (1 Viewer)

IanF

A Blue Tit, hand held by a ringer I came across last month. I loved the metallic sheen to the beak, which I'd never really noticed before.

Attachments

• bt head and shoulders sofs.jpg
    bt head and shoulders sofs.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 155
I really appreciate seeing good pics of birds I know well (not many of those:)
I love the feather detail. I've never noticed metallic sheen to the beak before I'll have to pay more attention.

Lovely picture Ian, thank you.

The fabulous colours look just like some fine oil painting.

I, too, had never noticed the metallic bill.

Fabulous, thank you again ...

:t:

What an incredible shot Ian. I must admit that I have never noticed the metallic sheen on the beak before. The feather detail you have captured is almost beyond belief. Brilliant shot Ian and one to be proud of.

I am getting more and more impressed by this forum each day that I am in it and must admit to feeling a little overawed at the expertise of a lot of you when it comes to taking photos.

Regards
John J

Hi Helen,

I have an Olympus C2100UZ. It has that lovely 10x optical zoom and quite an effective image stabiliser. From what I hear it is the same lens that Canon fitted to their Pro90IS. I usually have it fitted with Olympus Tcon14 and B300 supplementary lenses in tandem, for a bit more reach, but you do lose some image quality.

As with any camera though, the closer you can get to the subject, the better the image quality. The Blue Tit was taken on macro setting at about four feet away.

Last edited:
blue tit

What a super photo! Well done. The image is so clear you can certainly see the detail well.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back