• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

carry scope rugsacks (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
has anyone bought or tried the carry scope rugsack(heritage)from Warehouse Express .,or can anyone recommend a similiar product in which one can house tripod and scope in a single unit.I have seen the pic on the Warehouse Express website but cannot tell if the scope compartment is the right size for the Swar scope.At the moment i have the items in two separate Jessops long bags,which are fine as i can loop them over one shoulder,but in a compact unit could make it easier.
Any info,would be appreciated,
Thanks Christine.Must be able to send via mail order.

Dear Christine,

The other day I met an enthusiast who was using a CLEY-SPY Scopac.
It stayed on the tripod while he was using the telescope. The only problem I can envisage is windage on a blowy day. He was pleased with it enough to by a second for his wife. Recommendation in it’s self.

Regards.
Gordon Boreham-Styffe.

I would be interested in this answer as well,Christine,as I have yet to find a suitable all-in unit.

Charles Harper gave some details of his case a while ago,but I couldn't track down the company he mentioned.
I've gone for lightweight scope,tripod and head and just need a method of carrying all in one secure unit,like yourself.

Gordon,thankyou for reply,will try to find the product on line or look through the mags.Hopefully some else may have a similar product which they may be able to give details for.
Thankyou Christine.
it is difficult to judge products by pictures on websites and in magazines.

Dear Christine,

Page 38 in September’s Bird Watching carries a full page advert for Cley-Spy and they are now offering a male order service.
Telephone 1263 821212 for the shop.
Telephone 01263 740088 for mail order.

Alternatively you can get your motor cycle out and have a trip to Norfolk.

Regards.
Gordon.

Christine

The scope-pack from cley-spy works quite well Carole (wife) uses one and her comments are that she finds it a lot easier to walk any kind of distance with it.

I have tried it myself and it is quite comfortable the straps are similar to what you would find on a rucksack well padded there is a chest strap and a pocket for bits and pieces also a collins bird guide will fit in.

I do not use mine anymore due to lack of walking capabillities so if you are interested I have one almost new going at half price + postage.

Pete

Dear all,

So pleased you enjoyed the Freudian slip.
And even more encouraged that you read my posts.

Enjoying your comments.
Regards.
G B-S.

heritage scope sack arrived today and stuff was packed into it and out I went this afternoon.The reason why I did not purchase the Cley-Spey,was because it did not have an apartment for the scope.Yes this Heritage one is okay.I trifle bulky,but very well made,large comfy straps,adequate room for angled scope,and the hide clamp fitted in the other compartment with end poking out,and plienty of room for spare eyepiece in small top compartment or bird book etc.It comes complete with separate clip, on waterproof cover,useful.maybe a bit pricey,but extremely rugged and has a 30yr guarantee,so it will outliveme!!.
As i only use it to take stuff from the house into trike basket,then out to set up,or to lug into the bird hide(dare not leave it outside so do'nt know how it would fare for long term carrying.But I managed to heave it over one shoulder quite easily
Thanks for your comments and help.
Christine.

Dear Christine,

Thank you for the report and good luck with the new purchase.

Was it really Marianne Faithful? Or was it Phil Read in drag?

Regards.
G B-S.

Dear Christine,

In 1967- 68 Ms Faithful appeared in a film that I think was called “Girl on a motorcycle” and thought you might have the answer.

Regards.
G B-S.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back