• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

prescott res (1 Viewer)

mav12

does anyone have any info on this place
i have heard reports of birds from here
but i cannot see any access to it

I don`t actually go Mav, but from what I hear from one of the permit holders they get some amazing records considering it`s location. I would check out the latest Lancs & M/side bird report for an idea of species seen. Also the St Helens bird recording club web-site ; sorry don`t know the correct address. Hope this helps you out ?

Mav

I do not have a permit but have been to Prescot Res several times. The thing to do is to drive to the entrance and say that you are a birder to the intercom. When you drive in you have to go to the office to sign in, and...thats it.

I don`t actually go Mav, but from what I hear from one of the permit holders they get some amazing records considering it`s location. I would check out the latest Lancs & M/side bird report for an idea of species seen. Also the St Helens bird recording club web-site ; sorry don`t know the correct address. Hope this helps you out ?

St Helens Wildlife Recording Group Website is at http://www.sthelenswildlife.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/.

There is a waiting list, currently standing at about 20. They only allow 10 permit holders. Dead mans shoes I'm affraid, you've more chance of getting a Liverpool season ticket.

The place does get some good birds, but more often than not they don't stay more than a few minutes, and are seen by birders who spend hours (in some cases days) at the place, every week.

I do know birders who have been in without permits, but that's a chance you take.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back