• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spain in May (1 Viewer)

john-henry

Off to Spain for 2 weeks from 30th April, hoping to visit Villafafila, Puerto de Navacerrada and Puerto de Los Cotos in the Guadarramas and the Sierra de Gredos.

Anyone got any good information on these sites, or any others nearby?

Many thanks

John

Sorry for being such an amateur.

I've just got back from the Salou area and saw this little finch which was yellow and brown in colour and had the most beautiful song,can anyone tell me what it is? Also there was a warbler with a big black cap,is this a European version of our Blackcap? the black cap was much bigger than our version.As if I haven't went on enough I'm curious as to what Doves and Falcons frequent that part of Spain because I saw a couple of them also.Sorry for being totally clueless about birds that aren't British,any help would be appreciated.:t:

Off to Spain for 2 weeks from 30th April, hoping to visit Villafafila, Puerto de Navacerrada and Puerto de Los Cotos in the Guadarramas and the Sierra de Gredos.

Anyone got any good information on these sites, or any others nearby?

Many thanks

John

Hi John,

As you know we've just come back from there earlier on this month - there is a trip report on BF if you haven't seen it.

I think that the Gredos area is quite comprehensively covered in the Muddeman book - certainly I wouldn't really have much to offer over and above that.

We did a whistle-stop tour of the Guadarrama, mainly just in search of Citril Finch - if you can PM me your e-mail address, I'll send you some trip reports that we used to plan our route etc...

All the best... Ruby

DOH!! Just seen that your trip has been and gone - hope it was a good one!!! Did you do a trip report??

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back