• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sigma 170-500 vs tamron 200-500 (1 Viewer)

alienguru

Since I'm not interested in the 50-200 mm range I doubt between these two lenses. As far as I know, the tamron has some advantages according to sigma's 50-500mm, but I haven't seen any sigma 170-500 reviews. I'll be glad if I could receive some sort of comparison of these two lenses (and samples as well, of course)

Since I'm not interested in the 50-200 mm range I doubt between these two lenses. As far as I know, the tamron has some advantages according to sigma's 50-500mm, but I haven't seen any sigma 170-500 reviews. I'll be glad if I could receive some sort of comparison of these two lenses (and samples as well, of course)

Here you go ...
http://www.birdforum.net/opus/170-500mm_f5.6-6.3_APO ,
Hope it help's,
Take care,
John,

One of BF members - named Psilo - has an astounding gallery with photos taken with the 170-500 ( look at photos from 2005 ) .
I personally have tried the 170-500 & the Tamron 200-500 . I ended up with the Tamron which i find far better than the Sigma 170-500, but as you know - it's the person standing behind the camera that makes all the difference in the end ....
( take a look into my gallery for examples with the Tamron ) .
I think you can get good pictures from both these lenses.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back