• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk Trip Timing? (1 Viewer)

bitterntwisted

Graham Howard Shortt
Hi All,

Many thansk to all who gave advice for my winter trip to Norfolk, and sorry to be back looking for more help so soon. I'm planning another one or two day trip out east and hoping to get more lifers in Golden Oriole, Montagu's Harrier and Honey Buzzard. (OK, I know the Golden Oriole site is just over the border). My question is one of timing. I know these birds are all fairly late migrants - I'd be too early this weekend, right? What weekend would give me the best chance? Any answers very much appreciated. Promise to post all about it again on the Norfolk thread afterwards, and to put anything good out on Birdguides!

Thanks,
Graham

Thanks Tim. That's what I'd suspected. I guess Orioles could be earlier, but best odds for all are later. Will PM.

Thanks,
Graham

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back