• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bat Survey Wirrel (1 Viewer)

Would be quite enjoyable and challenging.. imagine birdwatching with a blindfold on!
Although I'm reasonably experienced in identification, I'm less skilled in finding suitable pointers to the right habitat/best places to stake out, and draw quite a few blanks / cover fairly large distances in between sightings. This is something that isn't too desirable after dusk, so any advice that anyone gets off this course would be useful to post on here.

If the course covers "finding roosts and evidence of Bats in Churches", this is quite an eye opener!

I did have a lash and was one of the lucky ten selected!

Just back from my first night of training - complete with my Pettersson D100 (which I get to keep). How good is that!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back