• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

nr.2 (1 Viewer)

Hi Helen,

Lovely pics....

Is it just me, or does that squirrel look like it's laughing?? (probably is, with so much dinner close at hand....)

Saw something white hanging off my nut feeder this morning and popped down to have a look. It turned out to be a small feather(gasp!) and there were plenty more in the trees and bushes roundabout.

I saw a Sparrowhawk chasing a Greenfinch across the garden earlier in the week.

Putting 2 & 2 together......

Rgds... Ruby

Thanks for all your kind comments.

Ruby - I like the way the squirrel has a piece of food just about to disappear into his mouth.

Probably was a sparrowhawk. We have one here that has taken a few collared doves that I know of, and heaven knows what else!

Just beautiful Helen, I just wish I could do as well as that!! I have been practiceing for about a year now, I'd love to be able to do the same. Well done! wish you could show me how! Nina.

Sorry, Helen, I really don't like the big gob of suet or whatever it is smack in the middle of the picture. Can you erase it and put in a photo of Julia Roberts or something?

Charles, I think it's what you call "I took my first photo, wasn't too aware of what was in the picture" phase! I'm a little more knowledgeable about the "crop" button now, and yes, I agree with you about the gob of suet. Hey, these "gobs" are expensive here - £3.49 they cost me!

Nina - I haven't got a clue how I did it, beginners luck I guess.

I've been out there today for almost 3 hours taking pics - result? Nothing!

Yes I have. I still buy the ready made ones though. Mind you, when winter arrives they shall be tasting my home made ones more often than not!

H

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back