• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cable Release (1 Viewer)

walt-m

Hi all
I have just bought a Nicon cp4500 and need some help with digiscopeing is there any way to stop my camera from shakeing when i go to press the shutter.

Thanks for any help.
Cheers:C

Check out your local Jessops - they do a decent manual cable release bracket for around £20.

EagleEye do the 'Generic Cable Release' bracket which is prety good as well. The best one I've used is the 'wing-bracket' - expensive to buy new but they can be had second hand on Ebay.

Hello Derry/Ian F/G8ina
thanks for all your info, Ian F been on jessops website and it aways come's up no brackets, g8ina yes i have just obtained my 28mm adapter and it was a little bit expensive, Derry I like the look of srb sysetem as it will serve my canon 300d as well.
Cheers

Walt, the SRB will also work on your c4500,, will fit my old 990 which is very similiar to your 4500,,

glad we could help,,

personally I'm not a fan of using cable releases, I am able to get just as good shots using the 'squeeze' method. If you do want to use a cable release with the 4500 it's worth looking for a used Nikon one. This has electronic contacts so will completely stop any movement from pressing the button (which is all the generic cable release will do). The Nikon cable release also allows you to control some other camera functions, such as the zoom.

Agree with the points from postcardcv above, except that I find that the Nikon remote cable is very expensive and relatively unreliable. I recently bought a Chinese equivalent that doesn't have an LCD display (you don't really need one as all the info can be displayed in the monitor on the camera) that works superbly with my 4500. It also runs on AAA batteries instead of flat CR cells - an advantage as AAAs are a far more readily available if you run out / forget them and, better still, you can get rechargeables. The Chinese cable cost me about 25 quid inc postage, and delivery was less than a week. The communication from the suppliers was excellent. I can't find the link the link to Chinese company website (I originally thought I'd bought it through ebay, but obviously hadn't: I know I have correspondence with them in a work email account that I won't be reading for a week or so but if you require it let me know and 'll look it up then.)

There's a thread here about cable problems with a Coolpix 995 that's worth reading if you're thinking of buying Nikon's own cable release.

Last edited:
I have the Nikon cable release and used it on my 990,, will give it an 8 out of 10 for over-all performance,,

is certainly not the quickest item on the street,, has a few good features but I seldom used all of them not really needed,,

if you could find a used one for a low price I would try it,, my main reason for purchase was for doing astronomy photos which it did fine for me, but when it came to the birding ya have to take a lot of photos as you will miss many using this release,,

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back