• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Booboo? (1 Viewer)

marcus

Did I make the biggest birding mistake there is?
I got on line and ordered a new pair of binoculars. I'll admit they are cheap ones, just $90, (how much is that in pounds?). I just got them because they are waterproof roofs and for less than $100.
Have any of you ever seen the new Bushnell H2O 8x42 roofs? That's what I got.
I made the big mistake though, right? Buying binoculars without trying them out first. I think having twist-up eyecups too was another reason for my making the booboo. That was too just tempting.
Sad case, hmm? I'll try to use them for the count, and let you know if they work.

$90 is 60 quid give or take...

Bushnell's get advertised over here, and I think they like to take themselves seriously, so I don't think they'll be terrible, but...

Hi Marcus,

I know someone over here got a pair of them, he's well satisfied with them. He even tested them out on a trip to the steamy rainforests of Costa Rica, and they gave no problems at all in this very testing situation. I suspect in terms of value for money, they are unbeatable.

Michael

Birdman, Michael, thanks a lot. I'm very glad to hear that. Really.
Rainforests in Costa Rica? Sounds good!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back