• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

at last i got one (1 Viewer)

j palmer

hello to all
ive not showed these much and im glad im back with my dslr set up .
because i would'nt do this with the scope? it seem to be birds , butterflies ,
dragons and damsels . so im getting my head around doing bats either as the sun sets or with flood lights . heres my first attempt.
manual focus set to a distance 350d 100mm macro lens on board flash.

bat2.jpg

many thanks
jason

thanks kc and dave ive not seen many images of these so ill continue at it .
once iv found the distance they might get sharper the 350d's dim view finder does'nt help.
many thanks

hello to all
ive not showed these much and im glad im back with my dslr set up .
because i would'nt do this with the scope? it seem to be birds , butterflies ,
dragons and damsels . so im getting my head around doing bats either as the sun sets or with flood lights . heres my first attempt.
manual focus set to a distance 350d 100mm macro lens on board flash.

bat2.jpg

many thanks
jason

Thats a great shot! I've always thought bats had the cutest faces.

Do you own a bat house in your yard?

See ya,

thanks for the comment YB these bat leave my neighbours house and fly around so i line up the focus on something near (like a doorway).
many thanks
jason

Pipistrelle bat and thanks for looking ,comment .
look out just as the sun set you should see them when i first had a go it was with the 18-55 kit lens @55mm so any thing will do. give it ago.
many thanks

HI, and congratulations with a really good shot there! I have been spending many hours at night together with some long-eared bats that are hunting moths on my windows in late summer nights, trying to get some shots of them. So I know something about how difficult this is. I was lucky and found a pattern in their behaviour here, and that gave me better opportunities to get some shots- some can be seen here: http://www.birding.no/albumC/Flaggermus/frame.html

I use just plain simple gear, camera, kit-zoom, one flash, tripod and cable release. Great fun, but lots of photos going into trash.
Best of luck with further bat photography to all of You.

I add one photo here too just to show one of my best shot of my Norwegian long-eared bats.

Attachments

• DSC_3044-03.jpg
    DSC_3044-03.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 117
Many congratulations on spectacular photography Jason and to you SveinB!

You've both gone to amazing lengths to achieve your goals - truly amazing!

Sue.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back