• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why does a lens work better on one camera. (1 Viewer)

markho

I have 2 cameras and 4 lens'es. 3 are nikon and 1 is Tokina. My cameras are a D50 and a D80. All 4 work fine on the D50 but the Tokina although it works on the D80 , the sharpness is not as good as the D50. my other lens are all zoom , 300,200 and 150 and they work fine on the D80 niece and sharp. Someone told me at rutland last week that some cameras with higher megapixels show up flaws in older lens'es which means not so sharp pictures. Is this true.

I have 2 cameras and 4 lens'es. 3 are nikon and 1 is Tokina. My cameras are a D50 and a D80. All 4 work fine on the D50 but the Tokina although it works on the D80 , the sharpness is not as good as the D50. my other lens are all zoom , 300,200 and 150 and they work fine on the D80 niece and sharp. Someone told me at rutland last week that some cameras with higher megapixels show up flaws in older lens'es which means not so sharp pictures. Is this true.

I have wondered about this problem too. I don't have any firsthand experience, but looking at various tests, I notice that the same lenses are
1: tested on several camera types, and
2: often perform differently.

No such things are known to me from analog photography.

Well I've just tried my old Tokina 80-400, Tokina 75-300 and Tokina 20-35 on my D200 and they're all as sharp as a pin throughout the range. Focussing is a bit slower than the Nikkors but who cares, the results speak for themselves!

nirofo

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back