• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help required please (1 Viewer)

so, I've saved up and laid out for the Sigma 300 -800 lens and bought the Lowe Pro AW 600 at the same time (without fully reading the specs!)

Got home all excited only to find out thta the Sigma doesnt fit the bag !!, no where near in fact :-(

so, has anyone got any suggestions for how to carry this missile launcher with camera attached ? (D2Xs) I have wondered about getting some shoulder straps fitted to the Sigma case ( it does just fit with body attached) but have no idea where I could get this done.

any help/suggestions gratefully recieved :)

so, has anyone got any suggestions for how to carry this missile launcher with camera attached ?

Understand the US army has quite a few suitable carriers for this sort of equipment, failing that a pair of scissors should make a suitable size hole in the roof of the AW600! More seriously, is there not a larger Lowe Pro? I'm sure the shop would exchange if there is.

The 300-800 will fit in a Lowepro Super Trekker, with body attached... but it's a huge, expensive bag!

thanks for the replies.

ok, so nothing immediately obvious so next question....

does anyone now of a manufacturer who will make a custom bag for this body and lens combination ?, I've beenin touch with Lowepro but they arent interested in either modifying or making a specfic bag, surely there cant just be me who has this problem ?

I'm aware that Moose Peterson offers something which is big enough but that doesnt get good reviews.

A Lowepreo AW 800 is the answer, come on Lowe pro !

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back