• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fungi ID (1 Viewer)

Birding5000

Just wondering what this might be, almost looks like a flower at first glance with the color and the way some of them are shaped.

Attachments

• fungi1.jpg
    fungi1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 79
Hi,
sorry to be of no help, cannot find my fungi book but I shall kep searching and you have moved back up in the forum

Wildwood's suggestion makes sense. Also, it looks as if the cap has pseudo-gills, which are essentially thickened ridges rather than true gills. If so, then it could well be a relative of the Chanterelle, Cantharellus cibarius. It might even be a Chanterelle, though the colour is a bit off. Maybe US ones are like that?

Wildwood's suggestion makes sense. Also, it looks as if the cap has pseudo-gills, which are essentially thickened ridges rather than true gills. If so, then it could well be a relative of the Chanterelle, Cantharellus cibarius. It might even be a Chanterelle, though the colour is a bit off. Maybe US ones are like that?

I looked up the Chanterelle Cantharellus cibarius that you suggested, and the picture found here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Chanterelle_Cantharellus_cibarius.jpg - is almost an exact match of the look of it. Just like you said though, the color is off. Went to go get a better picture earlier, but they have pretty much died, so the original picture is the best I can do.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back