• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

porpoises and sea lions!! (1 Viewer)

canadagurl123

Well i went to Telegraph Cove in Victoria today and I went around to the edge of the cove and while watching some loons I spotted some sea lions splashing. Then an hour later after they left Isaw a bunch of porpoises off shore near where thy had been. Both were splashing and the sea lions kept on leaping out of the water so not much bird watching done but some great mammal watching. On another beach down up a few km I also saw some river otters. Other thasn that a Brandt's Cormorant, Eared Grebe, Pacific Loon, Mallard, Bufflehead, Glaucous winged Gull, Belted Kingfisher,and Cassin's Auklet

As a Brit I don't know the site: which sea lion and which porpoise species? Of the birds only Brandts Cormorant and Cassin's Auklet still needed for my British list......

John

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back