• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cape Cod Birding (1 Viewer)

cnybirder

I will be in Cape Cod for a week starting Sunday. I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions of what are the best places to see birds on the Cape.

Thanks for the information. I will be going to Wellfleet Bay for sure and maybe some of the other places.

There are plover colonies on Samson's Island (also known as Deadneck by locals) in Cotuit, which is further east--but not sure if they are around at this time of year. For a beautiful beach check out Cahoon Hollow beach which is around the wellfleet area (very high dunes!). It seems wherever I've gone there is always some sort of bird activity, although I rarely head to the Cape at this time of year.

Also, if you have a chance you may want to stop off at Crane's beach on Boston's North Shore (cape Ann area), near Gloucester and Essex. I was there last Sunday and saw flocks of snow buntings and horned larks in the parking lot. I also saw a birder with a big camera lens head off onto a trail.

Have fun!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back