• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Outback (2003 XVI) (1 Viewer)

birdman

Орнитол&
No BirdForum this weekend, so had to do some birding!!!

As it we had out the clocks back overnight, thought we'd take the opportunity to get out a bit earlier.

So 9.30 (instead of 10.30)... no... erm... hang on... it doesn't work that way does it.

Yes, we were on our way before it actually dawned on me. I can't help it, I have these... erm... lapses.

OK, so best laid plans up the Swanee, and avec le chien (we were dogsitting) I wasn't expecting to see that much.

The weather was good, the walk was very pleasant, we took our time - I even met up with my old boss (more later) and learnt a bit about Woodlarks.

It was a really nice morning.

24 species (including an unided "pipit") - nothing new, but picked up some nice ones.

List as follows (*heard only)

Blackbird
Blue Tit
Carrion Crow
Chaffinch
Coal Tit
Dunnock
Fieldfare
Goldcrest
Great Tit
Green Woodpecker
Grey Heron
Jackdaw
Jay
Kestrel
Magpie
Mallard
Mistle Thrush
Moorhen
Pheasant
Pied Wagtail
Skylark *
Treecreeper
Woodpigeon

OK, back to my former boss... Well I'm rather a shy person, and I couldn't bring myself to blurt it out, that I recognised him (its a good 15-20 years back)... I remember he was a birder then, but I was even more shy then and never took the opportunity to express my interest.

I must confess we have crossed paths a couple of times at Potteric Carr - with equal reticence (rightword?) from me.

So, if you are a member RB, do make yourself known.

If you aren't... well I'd better be more forthcoming next time we meet and introduce you to BF!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back