• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bean Goose Locations (1 Viewer)

Grousemore

I was wondering if anyone knew a reliable site for Bean Goose,in Norfolk or Suffolk,at this time of year?
Similarly any info on Pink-Footed Goose locations would be appreciated.

For Pink-footed Geese the answer is easy…almost anywhere along the North Norfolk Coast! Seriously though Holkham is probably a good reliable bet – with huge numbers usually viewable from Lady Annes Drive or the Washington hide. A Ross` Goose (origin unknown) is currently associating with these Geese though they can be highly mobile as the move around inland feeding on old beet tops etc.

The Bean Geese are specifically associated with one site – Cantley and Buckenham Fen East of Norwich, where upwards of 100 birds winter (Dec to Feb typically). As far as I`m aware they`ve not arrived back yet this winter but should be soon.

I`m at work and can post more details when I get home if you need them.

Thanks for the info,Jason.
I'm heading up that way this week and thought I'd try and see Bean,which I haven't seen before,but seems like I'll be too early this time.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back