• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Category: Incomplete (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
I have just added a new category to the category hierarchi in Opus, the Category:Incomplete. When editing bird description pages, please add this category for any page which does not have text under every heading. The text to add is

[[Category:Incomplete]]

The reason for having a flag for incomplete entries is not so much for now, when many of them are incomplete anyway. The reason is for later when more entries become filled in, there should be a way to identify the last few that need additional work. Having already a category with those flagged will be of a great help down the road.

I do not at this time imagine a systematic search for entries that only are lacking this; what I imagine immediately, is that whenever an incomplete entry is open anyway that this category tag is added. And more importantly, if someone goes through in a systematic way to add headings, that this is one more thing to add when the entry is open anyway.

thanks
Niels

I've now done the same for Locations

[[Category:Incomplete Locations]]

Many of the articles are just missing information in one or two sections

D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back