• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fungi help please (1 Viewer)

nickupton

Over the last couple of days I have taken a few photos of fungi and can't get anywhere near identifying them.

The white fungus was found on species rich, semi-improved grassland, grazed by horses. It was close to some dung piles but not on them. The location was Swinemoor Common in East Yorkshire. Although not pictured clearly, the fungus was growing from the soil. More photos here: fungus 1

The yellow fungus was also on semi improved grassland, grazed lightly by highland cattle. Also in E. Yorks. More pictures here: fungus 2

Probably need more information for an id, feel free to ask.

Cheers

Attachments

• white-fungus-(swinemoor-11..jpg
    white-fungus-(swinemoor-11..jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 58
  • white-fungus-5.jpg
    white-fungus-5.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 63
  • white-fungus-3.jpg
    white-fungus-3.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 55
  • yellow-fungus-6blog.jpg
    yellow-fungus-6blog.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 59
  • yellow-fungus-7.jpg
    yellow-fungus-7.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 56
The first one is a Coprinus species, most possibly Coprinus nivea, though it is hard to be sure. It is fairly common.

I have some ideas for the second, but I am not sure, and the fact that it seems to be on soil has confused me.

I found a whole load more of the white one today, growing from horse dung and I had come to the conclusion that it was Coprinus niveus too. Clueless about the yellow one though.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back