• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bolle's Pigeons Tenerife (1 Viewer)

Stephen Dunstan

I will put some kind of trip report up in due course, but in case anybody is due to go to Tenerife soon I thought I should mention how amazingly well Bolle's Pigeons are showing at Erjos Ponds. There is only one pool with any quantity of water in it, and up to 15 birds have allowed close approach in the trees at the opposite end of this to the road.

Regards,

Stephen.

Hi Stephen

Look forward to your trip report. I'm off to Tenerife in January with my wife and two very young kids, which means my birding has to be very casual but I'll be doing my utmost to see Bolle's and Laurel Pigeons - did you have any luck with the latter? Any idea how this summer's fires affected the forests?

E

Edward,

Saw Laurel Pigeon from the Mirador de Lagrimona viewpoint, views much more distant. In terms of other endemics / near endemics Canary and Chiff Chaff were everywhere, Plain Swift not difficult, Blue Chaffinch seen at several sites and Kinglet widespread away from towns but very difficult to see well.

Will try and post more detail soon.

Regards,

Stephen.

Planning a trip in February combing Tenerife and Fuerteventura...so any additional info especially regards sightings of the pigeons would be a great help....
Best regards
Nick

Nick,

Was in Fuerteventura in February last year, as well as the endemics also saw a Yellow-browed Warbler which was a surprise to say the least. An abridged trip report is on here somewhere.

Regards,

Stephen.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back