• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cetti's warbler (1 Viewer)

LMG

Thought you might like to see this photo that I took at the ringing station this morning of a Cetti's warbler. It's the first I've seen.

Attachments

• cetti warbler.jpg
    cetti warbler.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 246
Hi Marysan,
Nice photo!Despite the increasing numbers of Cetti's Warblers in the UK the species has still only occurred twice over here(1968 and 1975),but is probably overlooked due to its secretive nature?
Does anyone have up-to-date figures for breeding numbers in Wales?The species has been tipped as a potential colonist here,and the source of any colonisation would presumably be Wales.Also,are Dartford Warblers increasing in Wales....?

Nice phot LMG. I have seen quite a few of these birds but never that close. I am fortunate in that one of my local reserves, Upton Warren (near Bromsgrove), has them breeding there. Also they breed at Brandon Marsh near to Coventry.

I was lucky enough to actually come across a pair of Cetti's with 4 young a few years ago right by the side of the hide. It was great watching the antics of the parents trying to keep up with the kids. These are secretive birds and to see them in the open for so long was a magic moment.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back