• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Maps for Finland and Norway (1 Viewer)

sandp

Planning to go to Finland and Norway this Spring and have gleaned a list of sites but how do I find the actual places once I'm there? Does anyone have any detailed directions/maps? I've just bought a road map of Finland and would like more larger scale maps - any ideas on which ones and where to get them?

Thanks in anticipation.

Planning to go to Finland and Norway this Spring and have gleaned a list of sites but how do I find the actual places once I'm there? Does anyone have any detailed directions/maps? I've just bought a road map of Finland and would like more larger scale maps - any ideas on which ones and where to get them?

Thanks in anticipation.

HI,
We went to Finland and Norway last spring and managed with the Baedeker
Scandinavia map along with the very detailed map given to us by car hire company Scandia Rent alongside various trip reports.
For really detailed maps you will find these at The Map Shop at Upton on Severn,(maps available online),though they tend to be a bit expensive if you need to cover a lot of areas.I bought some years ago when exploring the El Rocio area of Southern Spain.Some of these appeared to be military maps and showed every telegraph post and are works of art.
Hope you enjoy your trip!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back