||This article is incomplete.|
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
Alternative name: White-breasted White-eye
- Zosterops abyssinicus
- Green upperparts (darker and greyer in northern races)
- Pale yellow to greyish-white underparts (depending on the race)
- Narrow white ring around the eye
- Thin black line between the bill and eye. The
Africa and the Middle East
Eastern Africa: Sudan, South Sudan, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Somalia, Kenya and Tanzania
Middle East: Arabian Peninsula, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Socotra and Oman
There are 6 subspecies
- South-eastern Ethiopia to Somalia and extreme northern Kenya
- Extreme south-western Ethiopia to eastern Kenya and east-central Tanzania
Mid altitude dry woodland, scrub, wadis and gardens.
The diet includes insects, fruit and nectar.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, B.L. Sullivan, C. L. Wood, and D. Roberson. 2012. The eBird/Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to October 2012. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019. Spreadsheet available at http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/downloadable-clements-checklist
 External Links