- Spizella arborea
Length: 15-16.5 cm.
- Bill bi-colored
- Crown rufous
- Nape bluish gray
- Back rich rufous, striped with black and light gray
- Wings show two white bars
- Throat and breast light dove-gray, with an indistinct, but sometimes quite distinct, black dot in centre of breast
- Sides washed with light brown or cinnamon
From northern Alaska, Mackenzie Delta, central Keewatin and northern Quebec, south to central Quebec, northern Manitoba and northern British Columbia.
From British Columbia, southern Ontario, and the Maritimes, south to the southern United States.
Weedy fields and wastelands
Its main diet consists of seeds. Visits feeders.
- Clements, JF. 2008. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to December 2008. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019.
- Birds of Nova Scotia]
 External Links