- Herpsilochmus parkeri
Black crown and ocular streak
- Grey underparts
- Dark grey upperparts with dark mottling
- Blackish wings
- White tips to wing-coverts forming wing-bars and whitish edges to remiges
- Black tail with white outer feathers and large white tips on other rectrices
- Black crown heavily spotted white
- Postocular streak
- Ochraceous front
- Buffy eyebrow
- Dark buff throat
- Buff breast
- White lower belly
- Buffy-grey flanks
- Pale grey upperparts tinged buff on back
- Tail and wings much as in male.
South America: found on the eastern slope of Andes of north-central Peru (San MartÃn)
The first specimens were collected in northern Peru in 1983.
Humid montane forest and savanna.
The diet includes invertebrates.
- Clements, JF. 2008. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to December 2008. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019.
- BirdLife International
 External Links