- Patagioenas corensis
- Pink head, neck and breast
- Bluish grey crown
- Creamy white chin, ventral area and undertail coverts
- Blue-grey hindneck and side neck, lower back, rump and upper tail coverts
- Central tail feathers brownish grey
- White tipped outer tail feathers
- Yellowish orange or orange brown iris
- Inner area by eye is bluish grey or pale blue; outer area with age darkens to brown or reddish brown
Juvenile: Similar but paler
Colombia and Venezuela including islands and the Dutch Antilles islands Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao.
This is a monotypic species. It has previously been placed in genus Columba.
They spend as much time on the ground as they do in trees.
Strong fliers, also over sea.
The single egg is incubated for 17 days, the young fledging in 14 days.
- Clements, JF. 2008. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to December 2008. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019.
- International Dove Society
- BF Member observations
 External Links