Photo by Leif G
Bosque Unchog, Peru
, September 2006
- Doliornis sclateri
- Black lores, forehead and crown
- Maroon-chestnut nuchal crest (usually at least partially concealed)
South America: endemic to the eastern slope of Andes of central Peru
This is a monotypic species.
In the past, members of Deliornis were included in genus Ampelion2.
Cloudforest, at or near tree-line, at heights around 2500â€“3600 m.
Their diet consists of fruits and insects.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2014. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.9., with updates to August 2014. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Restall et al. 2006. Birds of Northern South America. Yale University Press. ISBN 9780300124156
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved March 2015)
 External Links