||This article is incomplete.|
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
- Lepidothrix coronata
Costa Rica and Panama to Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil, Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia. There may be no interaction between subspecies found east and west of the Andes.
This species has in the past has been placed in genus Pipra.
Eight subspecies are recognized:
- Tropical south-eastern Colombia (east of Andes in western Meta and western CaquetÃ¡)
- Tropical eastern Peru (southern Loreto to JunÃn)
- South-eastern Peru (Puno) and adjacent western Amazonian Brazil
- Tropical northern Bolivia south to Cochabamba
moist tropical forest, observed at heights around 130m.
- Clements, JF. 2009. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to December 2009. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019.
 External Links