||This article is incomplete.|
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
Alternative name: Montane White-eye
- Zosterops poliogastrus
Includes: Kikuyu White-eye; Taita White-eye; Kilimanjaro White-eye; Kulal White-eye; South Pare White-eye
Eastern Africa: found in Sudan, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania.
The scientific name is sometimes spelt poliogaster
There are 8 subspecies, some of them sometimes accepted as full species:
- Z. p. poliogastrus - Eritrea and Ethiopia
- Z. p. kaffensis - west and south Ethiopia
- Z. p. mbuluensis - southeast Kenya and north Tanzania
- Z. p. kikuyuensis - Kikuyu White-eye - Mount Kenya and other mountains in central Kenya
- Z. p. kulalensis - Kulal White-eye - Mt. Kulal in Kenya
- Z. p. eurycricotus - Kilimanjaro White-eye - Kilimanjaro, Mount Meru and Arusha region
- Z. p. winifredae - South Pare White-eye - South Pare Mountains in Tanzania, sometimes regarded as subspecies of African Yellow White-eye
- Z. p. silvanus - Taita White-eye - Taita Hills in southeast Kenya
- Clements, JF. 2009. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to December 2009. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019.
 External Links