||This article is incomplete.|
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
Alternative name: Diademed Sandpiper-Plover
- Phegornis mitchellii
- Brown upperparts
- Buff underparts with fine barring
- Black head
- White band around the crown
- Rufous nape
- Long, thin, downcurved bill
- In flight, wings look rounded
South America: found from southern Peru to western Argentina and Chile.
This is a monotypic species.
High elevation bogs, shallow gravel streams, freshwater lakes, sedges and grasses.
Quite shy and very fast moving
- Clements, JF. 2011. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to August 2011. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019. Spreadsheet available at http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/downloadable-clements-checklist
- Arthur Grosset
 External Links