- Myrmeciza laemosticta
Includes Magdalena Antbird
- Black grey head, neck, upper mantle
- Black grey to upper belly
- Refous brown on rest of upperparts and underparts
- Black throat
- Irregular black spots on breast
- Cinnamon tipped primary coverts
- Grey underwing coverts
- White patch between shoulders
- Red iris
- Black bill
- Grey feet
- Similar but lighter
- Black throat with white spots
Costa Rica and Panama including Darien.
This is a monotypic species.
It was formerly considered conspecific with Magdalena Antbird.
Lowland moist forest, deep ravines and near streams.
The diet includes spiders, cockroaches, beetles, crickets, woodlice and larvae.
It builds a cup shaped nest. The clutch consists of 2 cinnamon spotted white eggs.
- Clements, JF. 2011. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to August 2011. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019. Spreadsheet available at http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/downloadable-clements-checklist
- Gill, F and D Donsker (Eds). 2011. IOC World Bird Names (version 2.10). Available at http://www.worldbirdnames.org/.
- Birdforum thread discussing the possible split of this species.
- Restall et al. 2006. Birds of Northern South America. Yale University Press. ISBN 9780300124156
 External Links