- Lanius minor
- Grey upperparts
- Black wings with white patch
- White sides to black tail
- Salmony-pink underparts
- Black facial mask includes the forehead
 Confusion Species
Great Grey Shrike: the facial mask does not extend up to the forehead
It breeds in south-eastern Europe and into Asia, wintering in tropical Asia and Africa.
It is a scarce but regular vagrant to western Europe, including Great Britain, usually as a spring overshoot.
This is a monotypic species.
Dry open lowlands.
Diet includes large insects, small birds, rodents and lizards.
- Clements, JF. 2011. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to August 2011. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019. Spreadsheet available at http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/downloadable-clements-checklist
- Collins Field Guide 5th Edition
- Collins Bird Guide ISBN 0 00 219728 6
 External Links