- Pachycephala lorentzi
15 - 16.5cm. A little known Whistler from New Guinea:
- Grey crown, face and nape
- Olive green upperparts with black upperwing and tail
- White throat mottled with grey
- Grey upper breast
- Dull yellow rest of underparts
- Dark brown eye
- Black bill
Females like males. Juveniles have chestnut-red plumage.
 Similar species
Similar to female Regent Whistler but note grey breast band (olive-grey in Regent Whistler).
Endemic to the Highlands of central New Guinea.
Fairly common in its restricted range.
Formerly considered conspecific with Regent Whistler but occurs sympatrically.
Moist montane and alpine shrub. Occurs at 1750 - 3800m.
Feeds on insects.
A male in breeding conditions was recorded in August. No other information about breeding.
- Clements, JF. 2008. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to December 2008. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019.
- Del Hoyo, J, A Elliott, and D Christie, eds. 2007. Handbook of the Birds of the World. Volume 12: Picathartes to Tits and Chickadees. Barcelona: Lynx Edicions. ISBN 978-8496553422
 External Links