||This article is incomplete.|
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
- Todiramphus albicilla
- White head with dark green eyestripe extending as small line to neck
- White neck
- Blue-green upperparts, wings and tail
- White underparts
- Black bill with horn-coloured base of lower mandible
- owstoni with some green on crown and paler green eyestripe
This species belongs to the Collared Kingfisher complex and was formerly considered conspecific with Collared Kingfisher, Torresian Kingfisher, Colonist Kingfisher, Melanesian Kingfisher and Pacific Kingfisher.
Three subspecies recognized:
- T. a. owstoni: Northern Mariana Islands (Asuncion, Pagan, Almagan and Agrihan)
- T. a. albicilla: Southern Mariana Islands (Saipan, Tinian and Aguiguan)
- T. a. orii: Rota Island (southern Mariana Islands)
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2015. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2015, with updates to August 2015. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Gill, F and D Donsker (Eds). 2015. IOC World Bird Names (version 5.4). Available at http://www.worldbirdnames.org/.
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved October 2015)
 External Links