||This article is incomplete.|
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
- Halcyon coromanda
Photo by REMO
Photo taken: Singapore
25cm. Large, bright red bill and legs. The body is rust red, generally deepening to purple at the tail.
Asia, South Korea, Japan, the Philippines, Sunda Islands, China and India.
- H.c.(ochrothorectis) Japan to Korea, ne China; winters to Taiwan, Philippines, Borneo
- H.c.coromanda E Himalayas to n Myanmar and sw China; winters to Sumatra
- H.c.mizorhina Andaman Islands; questionable Nicobar I. specimen
- H.c.minor Riau Arch., Mentawi Arch., s Malay Pen. and Greater Sundas
- H.c.bangsi Ryukyu Islands: winters Philippines and Talaud Islands
- H.c.linae Palawan (sw Philippines)
- H.c.claudiae Sulu Archipelago (Tawitawi, Bulubuk and Sanga Sanga)
- H.c.pelingensis Peleng I. (off e Sulawesi)
- H.c.rufa S Sulawesi, Sangihe, Muna and Butung islands
- H.c.sulana Sula Islands (e of Sulawesi)
Dense forests near water.
The diet includes fish, crustaceans, and large insects.
- Clements, JF. 2008. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to December 2008. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019.
 External Links