- Chloropsis media
17.7 - 18.8cm.
- Clear yellow forehead and forecrown
- Black mask and lower throat
- Violet jawline flash
- Shining electric-blue on lesser wing-coverts
- Grass-green rest of plumage
Female without black mask and with turquoise jawline flash.
Juveniles are all green with a yellow eyelid rim.
Endemic to Sumatra, Indonesia.
A poorly known species.
This is a monotypic species.
It was formerly included in Golden-fronted Leafbird.
Lowland evergreen forest, secondary forest, plantations and village orchards.
Occurs from 600 - 1000m.
Diet probably similar to Golden-fronted Leafbird.
Breeding little known. Fledglings recorded in July.
A resident species.
- Clements, JF. 2011. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to August 2011. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019. Spreadsheet available at http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/downloadable-clements-checklist
- Del Hoyo, J, A Elliot, and D Christie, eds. 2005. Handbook of the Birds of the World. Volume 10: Cuckoo-Shrikes to Thrushes. Barcelona: Lynx Edicions. ISBN 978-8487334726
 External Links